Brisbane Acupuncture Labor Inductions
Looking for ways to go into labor naturally?
Our trained acupuncturists monitor your pregnancy during your final weeks. We check on your health and ask about pain, energy levels, stress, sleep and baby movements. (1, 2)
Our Brisbane pregnancy acupuncture treatment is tailored to your unique pregnancy. Depending on your unique circumstances, our acupuncturists can use acupuncture, electro acupuncture and massage during your treatment. (4)
AcuBalance Acupuncture clinic is conveniently located in Chermside on Brisbane's Northside. Bookings are easily made online. Our extended clinic hours allows for morning, evening and weekend acupuncture appointments.
Pregnancy acupuncture research continues to evolve the evidence level is rated as 'unclear'. More research is required to confirm to mechanism of acupuncture in labor induction. (3)
0403 947 447
(1) Betts D 2006 'The essential guide to Acupuncture in Pregnancy and Childbirth' The Journal of Chinese Medicine
(2) Betts 2018 'Debra Betts - Acupuncture and Acupressure for Pregnancy and Childbirth' https://acupuncture.rhizome.net.nz/
(3) McDonald J, Janz S. 2017 The Acupuncture Evidence Project: A Comparative Literature Review (Revised Edition). Brisbane: Australian Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine
(4) West Z 2008'Acupuncture in pregnancy and childbirth' 2nd Edn Churchill Livingstone Elsevier
(5) Kashanian, M Shahali S 2009 'Effects of acupressure at Sanyinjiao point (SP6) on the process of active phase of labor in nulliparas women.' Journal of Maternal Fetal Noenatal medicine Sep 15:1-4 Pubmed